Are YOU TRIO Eligible?
JSC’s Academic Support Services Program receives federal TRIO funds to support eligible JSC students. TRIO is a group of federally funded programs that
provide support to student populations typically underserved by post-secondary education.
While our services are offered to all JSC students, priority is given to those students who meet the requirements stated in our TRIO grant.
We are always looking to add new members to the TRIO family at JSC. In order to be eligible you must have an academic need and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be from a family where neither parent completed a four-year degree
- Be from a modest income family
- Have a documented disability
Academic Support Services staff act as mentors to TRIO students throughout their college careers, providing support and guidance on a drop-in basis to these students for any and all issues relating to their college lives. The following miscellaneous services and programs are available to TRIO students:
- Access to technology
- Computerized career development assessments
- Supplemental Grant (less than 60 credits; Pell-eligible)
- Free tickets to selected cultural events
- Priority access to advising, tutoring, counseling and disability services