Academic Support Services offers tutoring services through the Learning Resource Center. The LRC is located in Room 114 in Dewey Hall. Services to undergraduate JSC students include the following:
Scheduled and drop-in individual peer and professional tutoring in most first and second year courses
- Professional writing and math tutoring
- Professional English as a Second Language tutoring
- Professional on-line writing support
- Professional exam prep for PRAXIS and GMATs
What you need to know:
Tutoring is an effective tool for all students
- Tutoring is FREE!
- Tutors are available to assist you with most JSC courses
- Tutors are qualified, faculty recommended peers and qualified professionals
- Getting a tutor is EASY! Stop by and complete an application.
Other resources available:
A reference library of selected current JSC textbooks
- Six networked computers in quiet study areas for student use
- Study skills guides
Tutoring and TRIO
Tutoring services are one of the many services offered by Academic Support Services, a federally funded TRIO program. Our goal is to make education and support services more accessible.
While we serve ALL JSC students, priority is given to those who qualify for the TRIO grant. If you are interested in learning more about TRIO and the benefits of becoming a TRIO student, stop by the Academic Support Services office, located in Dewey Hall, Room 114.
For more information, call us at (802) 635-1464 or email us.